Join us in studying brain circuits and behavior, while gaining experience in tinkering, programming, and experimenting. To be eligible for student assistant (HiWi) jobs, you must be an undergraduate student (currently enrolled in any national or international university). We offer flexible contracts between 40-80 hours per month.
We have several vacancies:
Hacker / MAKER / DIY Tinkerer
- 3D printing, laser cutting, building simple electronic circuits (e.g. using Arduino)
- Writing software to interface hardware and microscopes
- Requirement: programming experience in MATLAB and/or Python, experience with DIY projects and a safe pair of hands
- Preferred: experience with CAD / 3D mechanical design programs
- 40 h/month (flexible)
Animal behavior experimenter
- Set up and perform behavioral observations (acoustic communication in fish)
- Write software to control hardware and analyze behavioral data (acoustic triangulation, high-speed audio and video recordings, sound pattern analysis)
- Requirement: basic programming experience and interest in animal behavior
- 40-80 h/month (flexible)
Early applications encouraged. Using the link below, please email your application (CV, contact details for references, certificates/transcripts) as one PDF and include "[hiwi-application]" in the email subject.